Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Insert Evil Parent Laugh Here ... MUAHAHAHAHAHA


After all of the drama ended last night, the hubby and I had to go out on the deck just so she didn't hear us laughing. The end of the phone conversation with the boyfriend was "I will miss you so much and I cannot wait to see you again". It was like witnessing the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet. Yes - it was that touching - we were so touched that we had to walk outside before we spewed water out of our noses from laughing so hard. My thoughts to miss pretty princess were - well maybe if you hadn't spent nearly 30 hours on the phone with him in the past two weeks then you would be getting to see him !!! We also predicted that he would try to buy her out of trouble by paying the phone bill to which we replied "sure we will take his money but you are still grounded". It's not like she hasn't been given a second chance - this is her third second chance - so no more !!! We are in evil parent mode.

I think that when we are growing up we have this idea in our heads about the kind of parent that we are going to be. We say things like "if my child ever lied to me then I would ground them for life" of "my children will never be allowed to act that way in public". I said things like that all of the time. I had this picture in my head of perfect, well-behaved, little angels who never did anything wrong and when they did, I would be Super Mother and would swoop in with the perfect combination of discipline and love. Well - reality is totally different from that fantasy. I know that some people will say that we have already given her too many second chances and that she shouldn't have even had access to a phone but that is nearly impossible when she is at home babysitting and Derek and I are both at work. We do need to have a phone for emergency purposes so taking the phone out is simply not an option for us. She just needs to learn responsibility and to mind. So for those of you who think that we were too easy on her and that the punishment didn't fit the crime or that believe that she never should have been given that many chances, well - I was a perfect parent before I had kids too. We are doing the best that we can - and I think that we are doing a damn fine job !!!

2 comments:

  1. Well i think you are the perfect parents and I cant WAIT to hear what kind of stuff she is going to have to do to pay it off this time... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA*cough cough*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA us evil parents ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing a great job. I too said, "I would never allow my child to behave that way." Oh what a rude awakening I had the first time my child refused to follow my simple requests. Parenting is not for the faint of heart.

    Keep being a fantastic Super Mom!

    ReplyDelete