Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Own Braveheart

Up until a few weekends ago, I had never seen Braveheart. Derek had pointed out the "honeymoon scene" to me on several occasions, but I had never actually watched the entire movie. First of all ... it is really really violent and OMG they chop him up at the end !!! Sorry if you hadn't seen it yet and now have to go delete it from your Netflix list because you now know the ending. Not the "feel good movie of the year" at all.

The whole part about the king taking the dude's bride on the wedding night is not only cruel, but well ... its gross. As if the groom would want her back after the king was all boom chicka waa waa with her. EW !!! So William Wallace and his chick get married in secret in the middle of the night with some preacher guy that they probably had to give a goat or two to for getting up in the middle of the night to do a secret wedding. It's probably the best scene in the whole movie (or maybe I am biased because it is not the scene where they CHOP HIM UP !!!). Anyway .. not too long after the wedding, the bad dudes kill his woman. It's not a pretty sight and then he pretty much goes ape shit and vows revenge against them.

Derek and I were laying in bed snuggled up at that point and I asked him "if somebody did that to me would you go after them and torture them like that?". He kissed me on the forehead and said, "I would do that for you now". OMG !!! I couldn't help but cry. My whole legal situation was based on so many people getting involved who shouldn't have been and Derek will always hold grudges against those people who said bad things about me. It was just so hard for him to see me suffer and know that there was nothing that he could do to stop it. I know that he will never do something stupid and he doesn't really have the capacity to really hurt somebody, but the fact that he loves me enough to want to be all Braveheart for me makes my heart just flutter.

2 comments:

  1. That would make my heart flutter also. I think Braveheart is a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only watched Braveheart for the first time about 2 months ago! Where the hell have we been hiding that it took that long? And I was HORRIFIED at the end. I kept wondering 'how is this going to end happily' and the answer was, it's NOT!

    I would cry about that comment from your hubby too. Sometimes they just know exactly what to say don't they! :)

    ReplyDelete