Friday, March 5, 2010

Moments that Melt a Mother's Heart

Our eldest boy child, Bryce, has come to the conclusion that his siblings are in fact annoying. He announced this last night after dinner, "they just follow me around trying to talk to me and I don't want to be talked to right now". Derek replied, "I have known for a long time that you kids are annoying, but nobody ever asked my opinion on the subject." So Bryce has basically been doing chores around the house in the hopes that his brother and sisters will leave him alone. Maybe he is thinking that since all of my children have a natural aversion to manual labor that they will be afraid of the vacuuming that he is doing and run away in fear. So far it is working out rather well for him. It's almost as if there is an electric fence around him when he is doing house work. The other children won't even make eye contact with him - afraid that they might get sucked into "The Cleaning Zone" (insert Twilight Zone music here).

Bryce came downstairs while Derek and I were watching TV and asked us to teach him how to iron. Who is this kid and what have you done with our son? Wait ... nevermind ... you can keep him. We like this kid much better. Since I wouldn't even know how to work an iron, Derek stepped in and gave ironing lessons to the boy. Oh my gosh ! It just melted my heart to watch the two of them. Derek is such a good man. He teaches the kids how to cook, how to load the dishwasher, how to mow the lawn, and now how to iron. Just one more reason why he is "a keeper".

No comments:

Post a Comment