Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nothing Sexier Than A Woman Who Smells of Bacon


Derek loves bacon. Riley loves bacon. Bryce loves bacon. Everybody else in my house loves bacon. I do NOT love bacon. I hate bacon. I hate the look of it, the taste of it and especially the smell of it. Derek and the other firemen at the station have come up with a recipe that they proudly call "Redneck Casserole", which is basically a bunch of potatoes and any kind of meat you can possibly throw into a baking dish. Oh how I wish that I were kidding !


So last night he busts out the recipe and makes this lovely dish for the children. I did NOT eat it. I couldn't even look at it. He diced up potatoes and mixed those with bacon, bacon grease, browned hamburger meat, and some of that smoked sausage. OMG !!! With the amount of animal products and animal by products in this dish you could probably open a zoo. Needless to say, the house smelled like meat. I tried to escape it by taking a bath upstairs only to discover that the towels had a strange smell to them when I went to dry off. I carried the towel back downstairs and made Derek smell it (of course when you smell something bad, you have to make somebody else smell it too - that is just the rule). He took a big whiff and said, "that doesn't smell bad - it just smells like bacon". EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Not only could I not get away from it - now I smell like it. Fat firemen and dogs will be chasing me for days.


Of course it could be worse, Derek hates eggs and one time dried himself off with a towel that one of the kids had puked eggs all over. Maybe the bacon scented towels is my payback for laughing at him when he gagged over the egg towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment