Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This One is a Daddy Lesson

Those of you with children know that there are some lessons that can only be taught by the Mommy and some lessons that can only be taught by the Daddy. The Mommy gets to teach about leg shaving, eyebrow plucking, and the most horrific lesson ever - the "this is how you use a pad" lesson. I wanted to cry, scream, and puke all at the same time when I had to give that one.

Well the lesson that is quickly approaching is the moustache and shaving lesson. The "big talk" lesson is also quickly approaching, however Derek seems to think that just ignoring that problem will make it go way. Well all I have to say about that is "You can raise that grandbaby on your own bucko - this chick had the lesson with the 17 year old daughter and it was your turn to talk to the 16 year old son and you spent that night eating ice cream while watching the Pawn Stars marathon".

Both of the boys are growing those lovely ratty looking sort of moustaches where the hair only grows on the corners. If we lived in New Jersey and wore gold chains it might look cool and with time they might even grow in a full "Father Guido". However, we live in Oklahoma ... not cool. So I told Derek this morning that this was a "Daddy lesson", because I sure couldn't teach it. When he hesitated, I said "Well I could teach them how to shave their legs and pluck their eyebrows, but I don't think that that's a good look for redneck country". He went and bought shaving cream and razors today.

3 comments:

  1. I remember my mom having to tell my brother it was time to start shaving his hideous chin hairs. Of course, she put it much more delicately, but you get the idea. Does seem like it's better delivered by a daddy, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't teenagers fun??? Every time they headed out the door to hang out with friends we would say, "Don't forget, we're not raising any grandchildren!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you're sayin'....boys are weird to parent for us Mommas. We just started shaving at my house too...well Boy#1 just started, Mom and Dad have been at it for years :)

    http://dharmainthefalls.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-whats-new-magoo.html

    ReplyDelete