Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekly Challenge - Venture Out

We ventured out on Saturday. We ventured waaaaaaaaaaaay out. We went to watch roller derby. Yes - you read that right .... ROLLER DERBY and man oh man ... we are in love ! Well Derek is probably more in love with it than I am ... but he is a man .... a man who loves curvy chicks with tattoos who could easily kick his ass ... while on roller skates.

We don't fully understand all of the rules yet, but we didn't mind at all. We cheered when everybody else cheered. We clapped and yelled and had a wonderful time and it was unlike anything that I have ever seen before ... and I want to go back. Roller Derby ... where have you been all my life?

I am thinking that I have about five years (that is when all the kids will be grown and hopefully moved out) to learn how to skate. Then I am going to join a roller derby league ... I am a curvy chick with a tat or two ... and I have already come up with some choices for my roller derby identity .....

how about "The Offender" (you know ... as in felony offender .... baaaaaaaaaaahahahaha) or better yet .... how about "Felony Griffith" ...... but the one that I think that I am going to go with is ......................... "Felon Keller" What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Have you seen the movie Whip It? It's about roller derby and is amaaaaaaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felony Griffith is my fave! Haha! You would be a bad-ass roller-derby-girl!

    I have roller-blades and I use them as a workout when I get bored with my normal routine. Hilarious...me on skates! You should totally get some. It's a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A+ for the name Felon Keller. Haha.

    I love Roller Derby and the culture of roller derby, but I just don't have the time to commit to it right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember when I was 8-12 years old that roller derby would be on Saturday morning TV in Tulsa. Ladies first, then Men. Oh my! I was front and center watching it. There was a Raquel Welch movie about Roller Derby at about the same time. Kansas City Bomber. Whoo hoo! Memories...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felon Keller! I can't believe there's no roller derby around here. I would totally go. Now I have to research this. Whip It is in my house waiting for me to watch it. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete