Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nobody Ever Reads the Card


In case you haven't figured it out by now ... my mother is crazy. Not just a little ... a lot and also in case you haven't figured it out by now .... Derek and I are both slightly sarcastic. I know ... hard to believe, but alas .. it is true. We love nothing more than finding some hidden opportunity to make each other bust out laughing. Well he found one.

The other night Beth informed us that we had forgotten to get a birthday gift for the party that she was getting ready to leave for. Derek told her that it was okay, we would just give the little girl some money and that would make a great gift. Beth then said, "but we didn't get her a card" to which Derek replied "nobody ever reads the cards so why waste money on buying one". I tried to help him out by asking her, "do you remember what the Christmas card from granny said or do you just remember that there was money in it?" She laughed and grabbed her stuff and they walked out the front door. Not two seconds later, Derek flies back in the door and says "knowing your crazy ass mother the card probably said "BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO - I LOVE BANANAS".

He got me. I spit Dr. Pepper all the way across the floor. Damn ... I love that man !

No comments:

Post a Comment